Search

+

Academic calendar

English as a global language is at the heart of our rigorous curriculum and accounts for approximately 20% of classroom time at Progress school. During the remaining 80% of the time, students are taught in Georgian language according to the national curriculum directed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. The result is a unique bilingual and multicultural education, which combines the best practices of teaching and instruction.

This bilingual model is followed from kindergarten until the end of 12TH grade. In addition, they learn languages such as German, French and Russian as they progress in their education. Beyond developing four language skills: Listening, speaking, reading, and writing and becoming an effective communicator, each grade has age-appropriate content and skills goals. The program builds on students’ natural curiosity and desire to learn while they grow familiar with the pace and responsibilities of school life. In the elementary school EFL is taught intensively and students as young as 10 are encouraged to take YLE. In middle school, subjects such as natural science and mathematics are taught in English and curriculum is focused to prepare students for the Cambridge certificate examinations, such as KET, PET, and FCE. From 10th  grade our student are exposed to more challenging and rigorous EFL curriculum designed to facilitate success high stakes tests, such as TOEFL,IELTS, PSAT and SAT, since many of  our students aspire to pursue higher education in  English speaking countries. We take pride in our graduates currently enrolled in University -of Cincinnati, the US and universities in England.

In 2017 our school organized an institutional TOEFL (Primary, Junior, and ITP) examination for more than 400 students. The results and scores of our students lived up to our expectations.

In 2015, a student of ours from Egypt won a spelling completion organized by the American Peace Corps. He and his teacher, Ms. Eliso Tsikridze, were invited to a reception at the USA embassy in Tbilisi by the ambassador, the Hon. Mr. Ian Kelly.

Georgian-American school “Progress” graduates’ efficiency in English has been recognized by San Diego State University and our students are exempted from national entrance exams if they enroll at San Diego State University branches in Georgia.

English as a global language is at the heart of our rigorous curriculum and -accounts for approximately 20% of classroom time at Progress school. During the remaining 80% of the time, students are taught in Georgian language according to the national curriculum directed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. The result is a unique bilingual and multicultural education, which combines the best practices of teaching and instruction.

In 2015, a student of ours from Egypt won a spelling completion organized by the American Peace Corps. He and his teacher, Ms. Eliso Tsikridze, were invited to a reception at the USA embassy in Tbilisi by the ambassador, the Hon. Mr. Ian Kelly.

Georgian-American school “Progress” graduates’ efficiency in English has been recognized by San Diego State University and our students are exempted from national entrance exams if they enroll at San Diego State University branches in Georgia.